Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Legal Counsel, Manager will work within the Distribution Compliance team providing legal and compliance support to the Distribution Operations business unit. The candidate shall be responsible in ensuring proper practice of the Company’s distributors of insurance business in Hong Kong as well as providing legal support on regulatory developments and investigations conducted by regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Assist in investigation of distributors of the Company's insurance business covering alleged misconduct, fraud and other regulatory breach.
- Provide legal and compliance advice and support to the Distribution Operations business unit in Hong Kong covering developments arising from the Insurance Authority, training enhancement and review of internal policies and procedures.
- Provide ad-hoc legal and compliance advice and support to designated projects and Company initiatives.
- Identify and Manage legal risk exposures by ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements, in particular those given by IA, HKFI, MPFA as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison with regulators, law enforcement agency, external law firms and other relevant service providers.
- Qualified solicitor with 1 to 3 years of post-qualification experience, preferably with litigation experience.
- Well versed in Hong Kong regulations and guidelines stipulated by IA, MPFA and/or HKFI.
- Ability to work independently, analyze complex legal problems and to provide appropriate legal and disciplinary solutions.
- Able to balance multiple priorities and projects.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of staff, management and external regulators.
- Well versed in English and Chinese with verbal and written communication skills
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Legal & Compliance