- Conduct training and test performance reviews as well as facilitate development of testers
- Maintain and improve testing roles and end-to-end test activities
- Manage tests. Evaluate and improve testing quality process
- Minimize budget expenditure on tests.
- Develop testing strategies and supervise test teams. Document and validate test findings
- Set up testing and stakeholder relevant scrum/agile schedules.
- Negotiate purpose and deliverables of the test effort and ensure appropriate planning and management of test resources
- Assess the progress and effectiveness of the test effort
- Advocate appropriate planning and management of test resources and appropriate level of testability focus in the software development process
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of the software engineering process
- Experienced in a wide variety of testing efforts, techniques and tools
- Knowledgeable in best in class processes, tools and technology as well as the ability to apply practical results oriented approach to accelerate the delivery of solution assessments for execution
- At least 5 years experience in a Lead Tester or other related role.
- Must pass current job expectations and meet performance metrics.
- Computer Science / Information Technology or Financial or other relevant post-secondary education preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive responsibility and accountability in one or more of:
- IT/IS testing
- Business Intelligence
- Data Governance
- Experienced in programming or managing programming teams
- QA and Testing
- Meeting project deadlines
- Coordinating people and teams
- Can execute effective leadership
- Excellent comprehension, analytical and decision making skills
- Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to handle work stress, persistent and resilient and a multitasker
- Ability to achieve set objectives
- Microsoft Office suite including Word, MS Project and SharePoint
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel features such as pivot tables, pivot charts, filters, and functions
- Database skills in SQL Server and Oracle. Other database technologies are an advantage.
- Certification in ISTQB and ISEB a plus