- Windows server administration and desktop support
- Level 2/3 support role (not a customer contact center). Assist in resolving routine to moderately complex production problems. Assist internal end users in resolving application and hardware incidents
- Participate on priority 1/2 technical calls/meetings
- Coordinate projects (Business Unit, Cross Divisional and Vendor initiated). Project tasks may include; chairing meetings, scheduling changes, submitting service requests for vendor support (Server Team, Database Team Support)
- Perform change management tasks. Review change tickets and coordinate testing for infrastructure related changes. Participate at weekly Change Advisory Board (CAB) meeting.
- Perform configuration management database (CMDB) data quality analysis and grooming
- Perform analysis to confirm accuracy of IT service provider billing. This task includes reviewing invoices for servers, workstations, end user access charges, mainframe storage costs and software licensing costs.
- Perform security vulnerability analysis for JH Insurance servers. Review vulnerability report, coordinate changes with the vendor to address and resolve vulnerabilities.
- Opportunity to act as a subject matter expert (SME), (after sufficient training and knowledge transition) for business-critical applications and assume specialized lead roles within the team.
- Mentor junior technical and application analysts when dealing with complex production issues
- Batch job coordination for month, quarter and year end systems processing.
- Provide on-call support via phone/laptop on weekends and holidays (rotating schedule)
- Must accept changes to the roles and responsibilities due to business need changes and requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Ability to translate complex technical problems into business terms
- Solid communication skills and can effectively collaborate with co-workers and external teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willing to work on a rotating shift
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Must be comfortable chairing meetings with small teams of up to eight people
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks while working under tight deadlines
- Experience administering workstations (Windows 7/8/10) and/or servers (Windows 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, such as the use of macros, pivot tables and graphing
- Knowledgeable of different remote support tools
- Knowledgeable in Citrix, VDI, Websphere, New Relic
Tool Specific Knowledge
- MS Office Applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project)
- FTP Clients (PUTTY)
- Windows Server Administrative Tools
- Active Directory Tools
- Remote Desktop Connection (RDP)
Nice to Have Skills
- Knowledge in SQL and Java scripting
- Microfocus Knowledge
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Experience in Citrix environment
- VDI career certification
- New Relic
- Project management experience
- Linux/Unix Scripting
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization.?? It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment.? A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.