- Ensure that BUs operate within MFC’s Enterprise Risk Management framework and all global risk policies, covering strategic, market, credit, liquidity, insurance and operational risks
- Administer communication and education initiatives to foster a risk aware culture throughout Asia.
- Collaborate with business units to identify measure and report on the countries risk exposures and to ensure risks are managed within risk tolerances.
- Drive the implementation of local regulatory Enterprise Risk Management requirements within the respective countries. Participate in the country ORSA review.
- Provide support for the Asia Risk Committee as needed
- 8+ years of experience in risk or insurance industry
- Fully qualified actuary with a well-recognized actuarial profession organization
- Developed financial acumen and business orientation
- Advanced level of report writing and PowerPoint skills
- Effective influencing skills and strong relationship building skills to build effective working relationships with Corporate and Business Units
- Well rounded and ready to dive into potentially complex matters in short notice
- Creative problem solving and the ability to motivate others to implement new solutions