Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The role is responsible for providing the highest quality secretarial, clerical and administrative support to a senior, C-Suite executive. The successful candidate thrives on taking the initiative, loves multi-tasking and working autonomously in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Manage an extremely busy calendar of meetings and events across multiple time zones, including ensuring the executive has all relevant information and documents, organizing facilities and any required equipment.
- Manage complex international travel arrangements including visa applications.
- Handle confidential information and interact with all levels of management, other departments, internal and external customers using tact and diplomacy.
- Prepare correspondence, documents, spreadsheets and presentation materials for executive use.
- Manage submission and tracking of expenses.
- Manage the executive’s filing system.
- Provide administrative support to the team.
- Degree or Diploma holder.
- Minimum 5 years+ experience supporting senior regional executives with international financial institutions.
- Responsible, reliable and trustworthy with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Results oriented with a take charge attitude; demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Superb interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Self-starter with strong teamwork mind set and customer service focus.
- High degree of confidentiality and judgment in dealing with sensitive information.
- Fluent spoken and written English, good command of Chinese highly desired.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Strategy & Corporate Development