- Supports the process of Asia wide Auto-Underwriting Rules building process in coordination with Munichre team, MRAS team and Manulife Business Units.
- Develops expertise in using Underwriting Rules Development Tool.
- Assist in designing underwriting rules and guidelines, ensuring that both are reasonable, practical and competitive in the market; at the same time are compliant with Manulife's risk management approach
- Collaborate with other teams for optimal implementation of Auto Underwriting initiative as part of Asia wide POS implementation.
- Ensure consistency of underwriting decisions across Asian business units, based on balanced regional & country specific underwriting rules.
- Enhance underwriting rules based on analytics input on performance parameters to improve straight through rates.
- Contributes content inputs & feedback to the global life underwriting manual, focusing on the needs of Manulife’s Asian markets.
- Provides training on rules building tool to country resources.
- Conducts periodic audits of rules to ensure they are consistent with Manulife Underwriting Manual and risk management philosophy.
- Ensure country rules development process is consistent with rules governance philosophy.
- Graduate degree with minimum of 5 years of medical & financial underwriting experience with ceding company or reinsurer.
- Proven skill in underwriting risk management philosophy, with sound medical & financial underwriting experience.
- Demonstrates innovative problem solving skills and strong negotiation ability.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas clearly, with the ability to guide or influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Balanced understanding of Underwriting Manuals/Philosophies, technology.
- Willingness to invest time and effort to learn underwriting rules development skills.
- Strong analytical skills, system knowledge, proficiency in Microsoft office tools.
- FLMI, FLHC/ALHC, FALU/AALU or making progress towards these technical qualifications
- Demonstrated success in project management for Financial Services organizations
- Experience in a multi-national and/or multiple territory operating environment
- Multiple language (Asian) skills