Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Client Service Manager, reporting to the Head of Client Service and Sales Support, US & LatAM, will work directly with the US sales, consultant relations and relationship management team with the goal of delivering a level of service that will exceed our prospect, consultants and client’s expectations. This is a multi-faceted role that involves sales/distribution support, client servicing and acting as a liaison between various internal and external partners. This role will be part of the Client Service and Sales Support team, supporting Manulife Asset Management’s business development efforts with large institutional asset management clients in the US and Latin America. The Client Service manager will provide internal centralized coordination of new business and client deliverables including but not limited to meeting presentations, RFPs, account openings, closings, transitions and maintenance as well as ad hoc requests. The individual will develop a thorough understanding of the assigned clients’ requirements, an in-depth knowledge of the firm’s products and services and have the experience needed to cover large/complex relationships.
- Partner with the sales, consultant relations and relationship management team in all aspects of their business development activities to ensure all goals are being achieved. Act as a backup to sales and relationship managers on all client/prospect matters.
- Have or develop an understanding of Manulife Asset Management’s full range of investment capabilities to be able to engage directly with clients and prospects.
- Host client meetings in the absence of the sales and relationship manager.
- Cover the largest and/or most complex client relationships. Conduct thorough meeting preparation; research each client/prospect in advance of each meeting, coordinate prep calls, prepare briefing notes and all follow-ups.
- Prepare and customize materials for client review and prospect meetings. Adhere to all compliance guidelines including the use of pre-approved and custom marketing materials.
- Oversee RFP submissions; liaise with the RFP team, ensure RFP deadlines and requirements are met, review RFPs for accuracy of content.
- Document and ensure all sales and client service activities are tracked in the firm’s CRM system.
- Work closely with the sales, consultant relations and relationship management team to develop target lists and research sales opportunities and consultant trends in the marketplace utilizing internal/external tools and publications.
- Create and distribute targeted emails containing necessary marketing collateral to further drive business development opportunities.
- Provide weekly search data to team in focus area product categories.
- Spearhead and manage client on-boarding and account closure process (IMA’s, Guidelines, KYC/AML, etc.).
- Serve as an internal point of contact for an assigned list of Client portfolios; responding to inquiries and service requests (contributions, redemptions, transitions, consultant and audit requests, contract amendments, etc.).
- Collaborate with internal (sales, portfolio management, trading, legal, compliance, operations) and external (clients, transition managers, consultants, record keepers, custodians) partners to deliver products, resolve operational issues and provide high quality service to clients.
- Ensure all service and contractual client requirements are met in accordance with client guidelines and expectations.
- Prepare and review client reports and other monthly/quarterly/annual deliverables.
- Maintain client legal files.
- Provide guidance to team members, but no formal supervisory responsibilities.
- Drive change management initiatives to spearhead the continuous improvement in our operating model.
- Participate in team projects to build and enhance internal procedures in accordance with industry best practices.
- Compile metrics and produce reporting to senior management as required.
- Source and circulate relevant industry and channel specific news, publications, updates, etc.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
- Relevant experience; 5-10 years in an investment management or consulting firm within the US market
- Experience in sales, consultant relations and/or client service required
- Operates independently and is capable of servicing the largest accounts or dealing with the most complex problems
- Provide support and training (where required) to more junior members of the team
- Proven record of academic achievement
- Successful completion or progress towards the CFA is a plus
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and high level of natural curiosity
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liase with clients and internally across all levels of the organization and business units
- Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to follow-through on complex multi-step tasks
- Keen understanding of sales and marketing process
- Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning ability (i.e., capacity to understand inner workings of investment strategies and present them in appropriate detail to an audience)
- Ability to work independently and juggle a number of tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, where priorities change frequently and deadlines are often under significant time pressure
- Willing to roll up sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success
- Strong writing/editing and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of eVestment Alliance, Zephyr, Morningstar and other financial applications preferred.
- Experience utilizing Client Relationship Management system (Salesforce.com)
This position is subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Pay-to-Play Rule 206(4)-5 regarding political contributions by investment advisors and their covered associates.
Manulife/John Hancock's Investment Division manages the Company's General Fund, on-balance sheet assets and through Manulife Asset Management, manages assets for institutional clients and investment funds in key markets around the world. The Division manages a broad range of investments including public and private bonds, public and private equities, mortgages, real estate, oil and gas, infrastructure, timberland, farmland and asset allocation strategies. The Division has physical presence in key international financial centers, including the United States, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, the United Kingdom, Australia and throughout South East Asia. Manulife Asset Management also provides investment management services to affiliates' retail clients through product offerings of Manulife and John Hancock.
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com. Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V