Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Our Manulife Bank team in Lower Mainland, British Columbia has an immediate opportunity for a District Vice President.
At Manulife Bank & Trust, we believe banking products are an integral part of every Canadian's financial plan. As one of Canada's youngest banks, we are growing at an unprecedented rate and need people with the skills, energy and drive to maintain our leadership position as an "advisor's bank."
We are currently seeking a District Vice President to work with our team of Business Development Consultants and Retail Lending Specialists in the Lower Mainland of BC to ensure efficient execution of the sales strategy at the regional level for both lending and deposit products to meet the Bank’s aggressive growth demands and enhance Manulife Bank’s presence and Brand in the marketplace.
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, the District Vice President is responsible for planning and directing all activities of the Manulife Bank sales team.
Strategy & Business Direction:
- Fully responsible for sales activities of a Manulife Bank sales team within a specific region.
- Ensures that all goals of team are aligned to maximize sales across all products and channels.
- Contributes to the development of plans to deliver sales growth year over year.
- Identifies and develops new relationships with Advisors, MGAs, Investment Dealers, Mortgage Brokers and third parties.
- In coordination with RVP and other District Vice Presidents within the region, represents and promotes Manulife Bank in the financial community by developing strong business relationships with external Advisors, MGA’s and Industry Associations.
- In coordination with RVP and other Directors within the region, implements sales promotion campaigns.
Build and coach the sales team establishing a professional, high performing banking sales force:
- Oversees effective recruitment, performance management, promotion of talent, rotations and development within the regional sales team.
- Actively develops and coaches team members to optimal productivity and effectiveness, including ensuring training needs are met
- Ensures appropriate sales force planning and succession planning to meet short and long term needs
- Develops a strong and effective sales team that will align goals to maintain a highly motivated and results focused sales force
- Builds strong employee involvement, engagement and collaboration within the sales team
- Ensures management of individuals focusing on performance, development, talent management and differentiation of talent through recognition and reward systems
- Models the Corporate values and culture of the Bank as part of the Manulife Bank leadership team
- Contributes to a strong and effective regional sales leadership team that will align goals to maintain a highly motivated and results focused sales force
- Implements regional sales promotion campaigns collaborating with other regions and internal Bank departments
Special condition – work from home opportunity with travel required within assigned DistrictQualifications
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of Financial Services and Mortgage Broker industry – preferably, banking knowledge and experience
- In-depth understanding of the competitive environment and its impact on other businesses and Distribution channels
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM tools to manage activity and behaviour
- Strong sales management/leadership capability, including recruiting, developing, rewarding and retaining a highly effective sales team
- Business planning and project management
- Strategic perspective/focus
- Sales results focused; strong sense of urgency
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.