The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers and developers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are seeking self-motivated engineers, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver. Our current opportunities are available in Boston, Hong Kong, and Toronto.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with production managers, platform engineers, platform and site reliability engineers, and engineering leadership to uncover pain points and opportunities to accelerate the delivery of new value through software
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives, with a focus on core services powering customer experiences across the globe and software development kits enabling rapid delivery at scale
- Deliver an exceptional user experience to our engineers, with a focus on self-service and continuous delivery
- Evolve and improve core services, with accountability for production reliability and usage, and the delivery of new functionality
Last year Manulife / John Hancock spent over $1 billion on technology. You will be working with:
- Cloud Foundry and other components supporting a highly-automated global engineering platform
- Open source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
Want to learn more? Apply today, we are eager to speak with you!