- Support building operations team to ensure all building services are delivered in accordance with all lease requirements, contractual obligations, and good operating practices. Collaborate with the building operations team so that maintenance standards are met and procedures followed.
- Promptly respond to tenant service requests/concerns, including, but not limited to: maintaining database of all service requests and ensuring timely completion of same while maintaining ethical, professional, and courteous relations with contractors, tenants and team members.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationship with tenants, vendors, building security, cleaners and various contractors to ensure smooth operation of the Property.
- Maintain tenant accounts to ensure that they are properly set up, charges processed, credits applied, and collection of outstanding arrears are managed on a timely basis.
- Accounting duties: administer accounts payable and accounts receivable; code invoices for payment; create/monitor purchase orders in the Purchasing System; prepare rent letters; input data for budgets and financial reporting in financial accounting system; administer work order billing; reconcile outstanding statements received from suppliers.
- Assist the building operations team with leasing, construction, and reporting, and other assignments as required.
- Professionally greet all visitors (in-person, phone, or e-mail), personally assisting them when appropriate and referring to others when necessary, ensuring customer service is a top priority at all times.
- Schedule/produce daily building calendar (dock access, freight elevator usage, maintenance).
- Administer electronic and paper filing system, certificates of insurance; tenant, fire warden and employee contact lists. Monitor and maintain office equipment.
- Assist in maintaining property-specific emergency procedures and make periodic updates to the Tenant Handbook.
- Coordinate tenant events, quarterly team lunch, and semi-annual fire drills.
- College degree preferred or working towards a degree; enrollment in financial courses desirable.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in a commercial property, preferably in operations or tenant management; interest in a Real Estate career path.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to deal with tenant needs.
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
- Proficient computer skills. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience in Real Estate systems a plus.
- Comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Proven organizational skills; able to cope with changing tenant needs and deliver successful results within agreed upon time frames.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills, the ability to meet deadlines and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Detail oriented; able to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning.
- Self-motivated, professional and flexible; able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Property & Resources Mgmt