- Risk Management:
- Provide leadership and guidance to all functional areas of Wealth and Asset Management Singapore related to the management of risk. Proactively establish and oversee the implementation of appropriate risk management programs to ensure that Wealth and Asset Management Singapore is in compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements. This includes providing independent risk oversight for Wealth and Asset Management Singapore activities. The Risk Management function is accountable to ensure adherence to all policies, processes and limits by the various business areas across Wealth Management Singapore, with such adherence reported to the AVP CRO AWM, Senior Management and Board on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the Wealth and Asset Management Singapore strategy is aligned with the risk appetite defined by the Risk Committee. Determine strategic direction for Wealth and Asset Management Singapore risk management program, covering new and existing business, and ensuring speed of delivery and quality service. Participate as a key decision-maker on major projects and initiatives within Wealth Management Singapore businesses.Consult with and inform the AVP CRO AWM of significant risk matters especially those reflecting risk policy setting, risk appetite as well as product risks.
- Escalate matters of non-compliance with risk polices and standards in a timely manner.
- People Leadership and Development:
- Liaise with and influence internal and external stakeholders to ensure continuation and growth of wealth and asset management risk management culture in Singapore, while seeking changes to improve effectiveness and efficiencies in policy and processes. Model the values and professionalism of senior leadership in the capacity of CRO.
- Relationship Management:
- Within Wealth and Asset Management Singapore businesses – this position identifies, prioritizes and influences risk management and reporting activities in all functional areas, building strong relationships with business leaders of Manulife’s wealth management businesses. The CRO will provide guidance, ensuring appropriate measures are in place to identify and mitigate risks within Industry and Company standards.
- Collaborate with and build strong working relationships with other member of the Global Wealth Management risk management team and the MFC Global Risk functions.
- Key Problems/Challenges
- Remaining current on regulatory, legislative, operational and financial risk management issues, in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- A minimum of 8 years progressive experience in Wealth and Asset Management
- Post Graduate education
- Extensive knowledge of Wealth and Asset Management and issues related to the operation of Wealth and Asset Management businesses.
- An understanding of quantitative analytics and modeling techniques is an advantage.
- Demonstrated strategic, tactical and analytical skills with the ability to link specific and emerging needs to the short and long term goals of wealth and asset management businesses
- Ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders, at a variety of levels, in order to achieve common goals.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, complex environment, client and business demand is growing at a rapid rate.
- Demonstrated solid reasoning and judgment skills in decision-making.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and change management skills
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.