Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
A communications/market profession who plans and executes internal communications activities through digital channels, social media, staff events and campaigns to improve employee engagement. Fluency in both English and Chinese is required.
A talented and energetic communications/marketing professional who plans and executes internal communications activities through digital channels, social media, staff events and campaigns to improve employee engagement.
- Assist Internal Communication team to plan and develop content, including articles, photos and videos for employee WeChat channel and related employee communication channels to ensure the content are useful and relevant to employees
- Organize integrated promotional campaigns to drive traffic and usage to our employee communication channels, with an aim to enhance awareness on company strategies, priorities and culture
- Collaborate with different departments and internal committees to create content and organize internal activities that enhance employees’ understanding on company strategies, priorities and culture
- Manage the editorial calendar of employee WeChat, collaborate with owners of other employee communication channels to enhance synergy
- Plan and execute internal communications activities, and report such activities in employee communication channels
- Prepare, analyze and interpret statistical information for campaigns and deliver quality relevant tracking reports to translate the information into useful insights
- Explore new digital trends (e.g., mobile, social media); perform research and identify opportunities to enhance the digital communications platforms and content delivery
- Provide support to ad-hoc projects
Experience & Qualification
- Degree holder in Marketing / Communications or related field
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in communications, internal communications, marketing or related functions
- Proven experience in delivering and managing company-wide events
- Solid experience and in-depth knowledge on social media, digital and interactive tools/channels and website management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Chinese. Proficient in traditional and simplified Chinese typing
- Compelling communication and story-telling
- Knowledge on web related technologies and skills such as Flash, HTML, CSS, photo and video editing
- Sensitive and proactive to evaluating any reputation risk
- Positive and collaborative personality
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.