Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This position will be responsible for a broad range of financial control and reporting functions, including calculating incentive compensation for Distribution sales staff, calculating and booking monthly accruals for National Account VPs and Regional VPs incentives, managing complex calculations, completing month end journal entries and financial statement account reconciliations for Distribution, calculating Distributor compensation and modeling for annual Distributor letters, completing and supporting leadership reporting, and budgeting and forecasting.
This individual for this role needs to be able to work autonomously and manage the entire Distribution compensation and finance process from data pulls, calculations, to financial reporting. The individual will need to take initiative to understand and own the compensation process, improve data accuracy, and will have a high degree of responsibility to ensure the accuracy and sensitivity of calculating staff compensation payments. This role will need to business partner with various areas, including Sales leaders, US Finance, and become the “go to” person for all compensation calculation and finance queries.
This role will be required to annually document the new sales structure, ensure Excel and Access processes reflect any new compensations plans and/or revisions, as well as, ensure financial reporting accuracy. This role will be required to design, streamline and improve efficiencies of current reporting of sales and compensation and report to Distribution leaders potential expense exposures, and work closely with the finance team and other members of the sales reporting team.
- Preparation, gathering and modelling data to complete complex sales compensation calculations. This process utilizes data from Truecomp and various other systems. Review data for accuracy, ensure compensation plans are recorded properly, calculating incentive payments, processing and reviewing results.
- Track/calculate/validate draw payments and actual quarterly incentives
- Calculate/validate monthly accrual journal entries for Distribution
- Work with Finance to ensure accurate monthly expense reporting.
- Calculate complex month end journal entries for Distribution
- Prepare cost center expense reconciliations and commentary
- Work with Distribution leaders and Finance to create monthly cost center expense budgets
- Perform year-end Distributor sales compensation reconciliation and model scenarios for the coming year. Implement the final Distributor agreements within the model for monthly tracking.
- Review incentive compensation plan changes and revise programs to ensure proper tracking of sales data and calculation of sales incentives for monthly tracking.
- Work closely with Finance to develop monthly and quarterly reporting summaries for Distribution and Finance leaders.
- Seek ways to streamline the tracking, calculation and reporting of expenses, incentives and financial processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Post-secondary education in Finance and an accounting designation –CPA, CGA, CMA, CA
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including experience with advanced functions and macros
- Advanced Access skills
- Proficiency with Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work various types of technology. Eg. Oracle database, Business Objects, SalesForce.com, MS Office Suite
- Self-driven and motivated to work independently to produce quality results (be autonomous)
- Able to influence and resolve conflicts; flexible when faced with challenges and change
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships across the organization
- Take ownership/initiative to identify issues and seek out resolutions.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of leaders
- Attention to detail to ensure calculation accuracy
- Superior planning and organizing skills with continuous improvement focus.
- Interact and communicate with all levels of leaders
- Calculating and tracking for sales staff incentives
- Reporting and providing impacts for Finance on Distribution expenses.
- Coordinate with Distribution leaders/teams and Finance leaders/teams
- Manage the Sales tracking and compensation calculation processes and documentation
- Manage the expense accrual and tracking and finance reporting processes.
- Accuracy of calculations and reporting
- Developing and designing reports
- Managing Financial reporting
- Streamlining month end journal entry and reporting processes
- Ensuring all processes are documented
The Distribution organization and the sales compensation structure is complex. The individual will be challenged to understand the structure, roles and various payment methodologies to ensure employee payments and financial statements are accurately managed.
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) as of December 31, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
About John Hancock Investments
John Hancock has helped individuals and institutions build and protect wealth since 1862. Today, we are one of America’s strongest and most-recognized brands. As a manager of managers, we search the world to find proven portfolio teams with specialized expertise for every fund we offer, then apply vigorous investment oversight to ensure they continue to meet our uncompromising standards. Our unique approach to asset management has led to a diverse set of investments deeply rooted in investor needs, along with strong risk-adjusted returns across asset classes.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V