Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife Real Estate is the global real estate arm of Manulife Financial Corporation with fully integrated in-house capabilities and 70 years of experience as an active investor, owner, developer and asset manager of commercial real estate. Diversified by both geography and asset type, the portfolio consists primarily of prime office and industrial properties, as well as select retail and multi-family residential properties, in key metropolitan centers throughout Canada, Asia and in the United States through Manulife's U.S. division, John Hancock. In addition to equity real estate, Manulife Real Estate manages the space requirements and own use facilities for Manulife’s operations around the world.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, and operationally to the Chief Building Engineer’s, the Building Operator will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all building operations, general and preventative maintenance. This is a full-time position (40 hour/week) with a requirement to work overtime, as required (including weekends).
As a focal representative, the prospective employee is expected to conduct him or herself appropriately at all times and is to present an acceptable appearance while on site performing their duties. All assigned duties and responsibilities are to be performed and completed with minimal supervision as per deadlines and schedules. A high level of communication with his/her supervisor is to be maintained at all times to ensure that the supervisor is kept informed of situations that are liable to impact upon the operation of the property. The incumbent is also required to ensure that their requests and concerns are effectively dealt with.
- Operate and maintain all building systems and equipment, including but not limited to; HVAC, security, life safety, plumbing and electrical.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all Tenant and Property Management requests.
- Perform preventative maintenance and regular repairs with minimal supervision.
- Perform any, and all programming, scheduling and computer entry using Building Automation, Security, Life Safety and in-house computerized systems.
- Ensure proper and efficient operation of all electrical, mechanical and fire life safety systems.
- Frequent lifting, carrying of equipment and tools as required.
- Exposure to hazardous situations and/or substances.
- Periodic outdoor work.
- Works closely with all building trades and service suppliers.
- Holder of a British Columbia 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate and with a combined level of experience/education in Commercial office building operations.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ work experience in building operations (including but not limited to, a variety of computerized and hands on HVAC, water treatment programs, Building Automation Systems, security, electrical, plumbing, general and preventative maintenance) specific to class A and AAA office buildings.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be alert and perceptive and able to resolve problems/emergencies.
- Strong requirement for attention to work tasks.
- Team player is essential.
- Experience with 'Green' practices and energy conversation practices and programs will be highly regarded.
- Building Owners & Managers Association (BOMA) designations or courses such as SMT, SMA or FMA
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.Category:
Property & Resources Mgmt