- Understand, analyze country strategy and business drivers within Manulife that will provide the baseline framework for business case drivers
- Collaborate, negotiate and obtain buy in from the countries for business case benefits (qualitative and quantitative) from the senior and working levels
- Develop and manage a framework and process to assess the impact of the change, including evaluation of proposals and benefits analysis
- Implement change management strategies to enable the success for transformation and initiatives including change impact assessments, stakeholder management, planning internal and external communications (in tandem with relevant teams) and training requirements, change risk and issues with appropriate mitigation strategies in place.
- Lead the institutionalization, adoption and measurement of change. Develop reliable, predictable and reproducible change models, best practices and frameworks that can be leveraged across different initiatives. Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions as well as celebrations of success.
- Develop key artefacts that can be standardized to track KPI’s and business case benefit realization that can be reported at various levels
- Develop and create a team of Change Management agents to lead the continued development, management and delivery of our Change Management discipline across all initiatives that touch Distribution.
- Drive accountability (through influence vs. direct reporting lines) as appropriate to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, and with unparalleled quality.
- Align with the Distribution Target Operating Model and ensure that we develop, execute and embed a change plan to transform the organization as per the (TOM)
- Build, lead and develop a high-calibre Business Transformation Team into a successful unit to drive and embed change across the organisation
- Ensure stakeholder engagement with senior leads is maintained for the duration of the programme and deals
- Proven success leading change activities for large scale, global initiatives, involving transformations of organizational structures, systems implementations, process improvement or process re-engineering.
- Expertise in creating and deploying change management best practices, frameworks and playbooks that align to company or business unit’s overall strategy.
- Working in a complex matrixed reporting environment with global program implementation teams including Asia territories.
- Proven leadership ability that energizes and mobilizes teams to embrace change and achieve results. Ability to be empowered by Senior Management and champion execution. Willing to ‘roll up sleeves’ to complete assignments.
- Innovative thinker with the ability to negotiate, influence and challenge the status quo to continuously improve processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across the Division and the Company.
- Impeccable verbal/ written communication skills presenting and working with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences including senior executives.
- Develop, lead, influence and manage multidisciplinary program / project teams to ensure goals are achieved and to drive superior business outcomes. This can include both direct and indirect reports, where part or fully dedicated to a program.
- Coach and mentor staff in leading and sustaining change through people.
- Interact with geographically and functionally disparate teams to ensure alignment to business engagement and change management strategy and principle.