- Asia Regional office role, responsible for financial reporting, valuation oversight, assumption and experience study review, business planning and support actuarial system / modelling development to the region.
- Oversee valuation control processes for the region and work with Business Units to enhance the control framework
- Review and coordinate the development of the actuarial system / model for various Asia countries.
- Deliver quality financial reports and Source of Earnings analysis. Be able to analyze and explain results to senior management
- Supports implementation of key projects. Designs reports for result tracking.
- Streamline the valuation process for various Asia countries.
- Review the actuarial assumptions for various Asia countries.
- Review the financial business plan projection. Participate in the earnings forecast process for the region.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required.
- Continuously look for opportunities for process enhancements.
- Degree holder with professional actuarial qualifications such as FSA, FIA or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years’ of relevant working experience in insurance industry.
- Solid actuarial knowledge and experience in valuation, financial reporting, pricing.
- Strong technical/modeling skills, knowledge or experience in Microsoft Access, FoxPro, VBA, AXIS an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; critical thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication & relationship skills.
- Always demonstrate initiatives and commitment, and able to work independently.
- Able to manage multiple and conflicting requests from various parties.
- Effective command of English, both spoken and written.