- Produce estimates and termination letters for employees as needed in Hong Kong.
- Coordinate and support all processes between Employee Relations and Payroll, Benefits and Pension as required.
- Ensure that all relevant parties are notified and kept updated related to employee terminations.
- Manage reporting and tracking of employee terminations, ensuring that the department acts in accordance with government regulations.
- Provide regular reports as required.
- Research and assist Employee Relations Consultant to develop/update new policies related to changes in legislation.
- Identify employee, manager, and/or company issues that require policy attention or review from a regulatory and/or compliance perspective. Participate in the development of programs and policies to ensure these requirements are met.
- Respond to employee and manager inquiries and escalating to the appropriate ER Consultant when necessary.
- Responsible for oversight of case reports as it related to the ER Function, and managing the escalations.
- Regular review of the of ER Shared Drive and ER Sharepoint.
- Identify, evaluate and support the development of customized training required to meet any legislative and/or compliance requirements. (e.g. anti-harassment and anti-discrimination)
- Provide general support on training logistics.
- Previous Human Resources experience with a focus on employee relations an asset.
- Proficient in both English and Chinese.
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency in dealing with people leaders at all levels in the organization.
- Specific knowledge of employee relations principles and common employee relations practices, preferably within the Financial Services sector.
- Solid understanding of employment law and common law practices and emerging industry trends.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to both individuals and groups with average proficiency in presentation skills.
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality and ability to work independently and under pressure.