Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Audit Manager - Insurance is accountable is accountable for planning and managing audit projects of all types (key risk audits, project risk reviews, defined procedures, etc.) to deliver high quality, professional, cost-effective and value-added results. The mandate of Audit Services is to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting activities to add value and improve the operations of the Company. Audit Services assists the Company in achieving its Strategic Objectives through a disciplined approach to evaluate the effectiveness of the Company’s governance, risk management and internal control processes.
- Manage projects within resource budgets and target dates, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to Director or AVP.
- Have adequate understanding of the risks being managed by the unit being audited and develop audit scope and audit programs to evaluate the controls in place to mitigate these risks.
- Review test procedures and results to ensure that test objectives and documentation standards are met.
- Exercise sound judgement in evaluating audit findings and developing practical and value-added recommendations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with BU management.
- Help recruit and retain high performing staff and provide coaching and performance feedback on a regular and timely basis.
- Assist with SOX planning and provide oversight during walkthrough and testing phases.
- Follow up on audit issues.
- Ability to quickly understand business processes and their risk implications, analyze complex situations, reach appropriate conclusions, make value-added and practical recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of audit methodologies, project management and system development methodologies, control frameworks and risk management practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in diverse environments and cultures.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and recommendations orally and in writing, and to listen and consider ideas of others.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality.
- Ability to develop and carry out audit programs to deliver quality results on time and within budget.
- Ability to exercise and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Results oriented; ability to balance multiple priorities and projects.
- Proven relationship skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with business units and staff at all levels.
- Leadership skills in achieving departmental, project and individual objectives.
- University degree required.
- Possess or actively pursuing a recognized accounting (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or auditing (CIA) designation.
- 5 to 8 years of internal/external audit or equivalent business experience.
- Knowledge of life insurance operations preferred.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V