Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife Asset Management: Opportunity to leverage, enhance, and advance analytical knowledge and skills in the fixed income, global investment performance and analytics arena. Expand and develop leadership, supervisory, collaboration, and communication skills as the manager, fixed income attribution and analytics.
About the Position:
The manager role has a diverse set of responsibilities, challenges, processes, stakeholders and opportunities. The position has responsibility for all aspects of performance analytics, attribution and reporting - including account, product, and benchmark data. The primary focus is fixed income investments, while being part of a larger global performance and analytics team supporting all asset classes and investment types.
This integral role requires an individual who is self-motivated, detail oriented and accountable; one who is self-reliant and adept at collaborating with others. The ideal candidate will leverage their knowledge and technical expertise (analytical and organizational) to advance the team and their functions forward to the next level. Opportunities are presented within the team and beyond, with systems implementations, process reengineer, investment analytics and attribution, product development and stakeholder relationships. The fast paced environment requires a results-oriented individual to drive processes in a dynamic, growing organization.
The role requires a strong background in investment performance and analytics, including attribution, portfolio and security level characteristics, competitor/peer analysis, along with a broad knowledge of financial markets and complex investment strategies. Industry designations such as CFA, CAIA, FRM, and CIPM are aligned with the job profile. Knowledge of front office reporting along with BI and data visualization concepts and software is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have an innovative mindset and willingness to learn. As the department evolves, technical skills such as SQL, VBA, SAS, Python, and R programming, and predictive modeling will be utilized.
- Manage team to ensure deliverables are met, and continuously pursue opportunities for innovative solutions and gains in operational efficiencies
- Act as subject matter expert on fixed income performance calculations, attribution and analytics
- Provide technical expertise with regard to attribution and analytics for investment instruments
- Continually work to develop and cross train the knowledge base and skills of the fixed income team
- Enhance data quality, and develop reporting tools and systems
- Optimize tools required in reporting process such as; Barclay’s Point, Bloomberg PORT, Sylvan, Excel, and an enterprise data lake
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of client reporting
- Strong customer service focus and orientation
- Respond to ad hoc requests and create value added analysis for stakeholders
- Partner with operation groups to monitor controls and support valuation process
- Must be detail oriented and be able to work in a fast paced daily production environment
- Support the information needs of sales, marketing, compliance and other users of performance - includes defining, developing and producing performance and analytical reporting as required by stakeholders
- Exhibit strong communication skills; both written and oral.
- Assist in and provide support in new product development efforts
- Act as backup for other team members
- Participate and/or lead projects and other tasks as assigned
- Must be a collaborative and innovative team player
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, or a quantitative discipline, or equivalent strong experience in the industry
- Designations such as CFA, CAIA, FRM, or CIPM strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years relevant experience within a data analytics, securities, asset management or performance measurement group, with a solid knowledge of financial instruments and strategies
- Supervisory experience leading teams and optimizing operational efficiency
- Experience with or interest in learning BI and Analytics Software (e.g. MicroStrategy, Qlik, Tablaeu) and Graphic Design/Visualizations, including D3.js is preferred
- Knowledge of relational databases and statistical programming languages R, SAS, Python, MATLAB, and SQL helpful
Manulife/John Hancock's Investment Division manages the Company's General Fund, on-balance sheet assets and through Manulife Asset Management, manages assets for institutional clients and investment funds in key markets around the world. The Division manages a broad range of investments including public and private bonds, public and private equities, mortgages, real estate, oil and gas, infrastructure, timberland, farmland and asset allocation strategies. The Division has physical presence in key international financial centers, including the United States, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, the United Kingdom, Australia and throughout South East Asia. Manulife Asset Management also provides investment management services to affiliates' retail clients through product offerings of Manulife and John Hancock.
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) as of December 31, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com. Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V