Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for ensuring the integrity of the general ledger, and for implementing adequate controls to ensure the accuracy of the ledger. The general ledger is the main source of financial information; users within JH RPS Finance, US Division and Corporate rely on the general ledger for internal and external reporting. The team is responsible for the implementation of ongoing business and finance initiatives, including identifying finance issues, providing finance advice and support to business areas and ensuring all accounting, reporting and control requirements are met
- Monthly and quarterly production of the company-wide stat sheet report.
- Maintaining the documentation supporting the production of the stat sheet report.
- Maintaining and updating the various excel worksheets which support the production of the stat sheet report.
- Production is a data intensive role, requiring large volumes of data from a variety of different sources. Comfort with large volumes of data and data analysis is an asset.
- Maintaining the distribution list for the stat sheet report.
- Maintaining the contact list of those who provide data for the production of the stat sheet report.
- Using data from the stat sheet report to complete various industry surveys
- Ad-hoc requests for stat-sheet related data.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance with 2 - 3 years of accounting/finance experience, advanced degree and/or professional certification a plus
- Proven problem solving and business/financial analysis skills, creative and resourceful in identifying issues and developing solutions
- Able to effectively articulate issues and trends to management
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision or in a team environment
- Strong computer skills and an expert proficiency using MS Excel, experience with MS Access a plus.
- Must be willing to work for a night shift schedule.
- Must be willing to work in Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.Category: