Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This Senior Manager will be involved in the new accounting standards gap analysis, and supporting the implementation of new Accounting Standards, overviewing accounting policy setting and policy manual updates of existing standards (annual review). The position will also overseeing the General Ledger section
- Identifying gaps and requirements of new accounting standards to ascertain compliance with the new accounting standards
- Liase and working closely together with Regional Office on implementation of new accounting standards
- Preparing status update, and Board presentation materials and updates to regulators
- Ensuring that the policy manuals are updated and relevant
- Ensuring the General Ledger balances, and accounting numbers reported are correct
- Degree and Professional Qualification in Accounting
- Commercial Experience in Insurance Company is an advantage
- Experience in Technical Department of Professional Firms is an advantage
- Familiar with Accounting Standards and its application
- Highly developed communication and relationship skills
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.