Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
John Hancock’s U.S. Insurance Compliance Department identifies and helps mitigate regulatory risk to Manulife Financial stemming from any aspect of the John Hancock Insurance business.
- are subject matter experts on State and Federal regulations/legislation and corporate guidelines pertaining to advertising
- provides accurate, thorough and timely review and approvals of materials, while striving to meet or exceed expectations and deadlines
- develops creative solutions for stakeholders’ marketing materials
- consults with business partners in planning marketing, corporate branding and product development initiatives.
The Senior Compliance Analyst is responsible for ensuring that John Hancock life insurance advertisements, and communications with the public conform to best practices, company and industry standards, as well as state, federal and self-regulatory organization (FINRA) rules and regulations. As a member of the Ad Review Team you will review print and electronic communications, including web content, social media, and email.
- Review, analyze and approve Insurance Business marketing material; ensure compliance with advertising and market conduct regulations that apply to the Company's advertisements and communications with the public
- Act as a day-to-day compliance resource and answer compliance questions regarding advertising and associated market conduct concerns
- Perform regulatory filings for the Life Business as required by state law or FINRA
- Compliance projects: may include research, audit, compliance monitoring, participation on product roll-out teams
- College Degree or equivalent business experience. Three (3) years of related financial services experience in compliance, risk management, product, product services, or project management
- Knowledge of the financial services industry (insurance and/or securities) including a basic understanding of the regulatory environment in which the Company operates, with some understanding of key compliance concepts and current and emerging regulatory and industry issues
- FINRA Series 6 & 26 preferred at start date, otherwise candidate to obtain Series 6 within six (6) months of start date and Series 26 within twelve (12) months of start date
- Solid writing, editorial, and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to read, interpret, associate and apply varying rules and regulatory requirements to submitted advertisements
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to form productive relationships at all levels in the organization, while effectively communicating compliance rules, standards and policies
- Negotiation, relationship building and mediation skills with the ability to recommend creative alternatives to problematic materials
- Ability to work independently and as part of a high-functioning, collaborative team of compliance professionals in a dynamic and deadline-driven work environment
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills with the ability to demonstrate a high degree of initiative
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
Legal & Compliance