Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Advisory Services is responsible for working with Manulife’s most closely aligned independent advisors. Supporting over 2000 advisors across Canada, these advisors have chosen to do business with Manulife directly for insurance and/or through our securities dealer Manulife Securities (MFDA and IIROC).
Reward and recognition programs are key to advisor retention, development and driving growth strategies. Within Advisory Services, these programs deliver education, public recognition and business rewards that strengthen our relationships with the independent advisors affiliated with Advisory Services and ultimately support retention and increased sales activity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that we deliver exceptional service and support for advisors who qualify for the reward and recognition programs and will support both the strategic and day to day management the programs.
- Day to day management of the Advisory Services’ reward and recognition programs including:
- Pro-active leadership, management, and execution of all required tasks and deliverables for each program including monthly reporting, inventory management, vendor sourcing and management, problem resolution, field team and partner readiness and budget management
- Management of all online content and communication requirements related to the programs
- Key contact and SME for internal and field partners on the programs
- SME on regulatory requirements, policies and industry practices as it relates to recognition and rewards
- Manage the annual qualifier process from beginning to end for all recognition programs, conferences and annual sales awards
- Participate on working committees of events and initiatives related to rewards and recognition such as conference working teams
- Manage escalated inquiries, facilitate conflict resolution
- Maintain histories, files and related database(s)
- Working with Business Archives and CDN Division Philanthropy and Sponsorship as required on initiatives
- Maintain documentation of all processes and requirements
- Providing onsite support for related events as needed
- Provide guidance to support staff responsible for administrative tasks in support of programs
- Responsible for management reporting related to the programs to field team leaders and senior management
Reward & Recognition Strategy
- Provide analysis & recommendations on advisor segmentation & results of other research initiatives as it relates to rewards and recognition
- Evaluate & enhance advisor Reward & Recognition communications strategy including digital and online communications.
- Provide strategic input and leadership on the programs including making recommendations for enhancements and changes, process improvements and problem resolution
- Post-secondary degree in business, marketing, communications, event management or similar degree
- Progressive work experience (5+ years) that demonstrates growing accountability – experience in the financial and/or insurance industry is a strong asset
- Experience with managing participant based programs
- Experience with strategic management and implementation of communications plans
- Ability to influence others and effectively deal with dynamic, complex situations in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management skills, well-organized, ability to balance multiple priorities under pressure and make decisions, problem solve and think "on your feet"
- Strong conceptual, diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to exercise flexibility and judgment.
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities for improvement and initiate change
- Ability to relay technical information in non-technical terms
- Very strong technical/PC skills, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word and database principles
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.