Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The position of Treasury Analyst at Manulife Bank offers a unique opportunity for rising stars to learn and understand the foundations of banking in a supportive, inclusive and diverse environment. We believe in flexible work arrangements that allow our people to easily balance their work and family commitments.
As a valued member of the Bank Treasury Operations Team you will have exposure to virtually all aspects of banking: product pricing, retail and wholesale funding, liquidity management, projections and forecasting, securitization and new product/initiatives – to name just a few! We provide the reporting and analysis to drive long-term strategy as well as the Bank’s instantaneous responses to ever changing market conditions. Manulife Bank has a history of developing innovative products and, with the agility of a small bank but the market reach of one of Canada’s largest companies, we are well positioned to continue our disruption of the banking industry.
A Superstar Treasury Analyst will have the following qualities:
- innovative, curious and ready to learn
- an aptitude for analyzing large quantities of data and can present their findings in a concise and meaningful way
- thrives in a collaborative environment
- focused on continuous education and improvement
- can prioritize tasks and is flexible when faced with unforeseen challenges
- can communicate with individuals at all levels, including Senior Leaders and Executives
- produce advanced reports to support decision making by Treasury and Bank Senior Leadership
- analyze data to identify key trends, highlight issues, and recommend actions to Treasury Leadership
- monitor changes in the Bank’s assets and liabilities
- monitor daily cash flows of Manulife Bank products, focusing on how those cash flows impact the Bank’s liquidity and risk positions
- review daily cash flows & forecasts to ensure timely funding of the Bank’s financial obligations
- work with the Treasury team to increase departmental efficiency through automation of processes
- represent Treasury on cross departmental project initiatives
- participate in strategic initiatives that will expand the Bank’s product and service offerings
- monitor and review competitor interest rates and product pricing data to provide recommendations to Senior Leadership for Bank interest rate changes
- monitor, investigate, and approve deposit pricing exceptions
- manage the execution of Treasury related transfers, payments, and settlements
- execute online FX (foreign exchange) transactions
- support the development of new private Securitization programs and new funding channels
- undergraduate university degree and/or equivalent job experience
- detail oriented with strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- dedicated team player with the ability take initiative and collaborate
- ability to produce accurate and timely work with minimal supervision
- demonstrated flexibility and ability to manage multiple priorities
- advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the ability to learn new applications quickly
- SQL knowledge and experience a definite asset
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.