Hancock Farmland Services, Inc. (HFS) is a farmland property management business with offices in Turlock, California and Savoy, Illinois. Its subsidiary, Farmland Management Services (FMS) is a direct operator of farms in California and Wisconsin. Together, HFS and FMS provide farm management services for Hancock Agricultural Investment Group (HAIG) as part of HAIG’s integrated farmland investment management platform for institutional investors. HAIG is a division of Hancock Natural Resource Group, Inc. (HNRG), and HFS and FMS are HNRG subsidiaries.
Assist Area Manager in formulating operating and capital budgets per property.
Perform within the total budget framework adjusting for special unforeseen, uncontrollable conditions that cause variances from “normal” budgeted figures.
Implementation and execution of effective, efficient, orderly, and timely farming operations.
Promptly respond to special circumstances or conditions during the growing season such as weather, pest, diseases, or other extraordinary events.
Achieve yields comparable or better than the best farmers in the area, with similar property.
Effective handling of personnel, contractors, labor, vendors, equipment, and processors, in a strong, fair manner.
Assist lower level Ranch Managers in performing their duties efficiently and effectively.
Promptly report problems or successes, and produce monthly management reports, or other analysis as needed.
Follow procurement procedures, both the formal and the informal bidding process.
Enforce company safety policies, and evaluate new regulations for necessary updates or changes.
Ensure company policies are followed, and all employees are properly trained.
Other duties as assigned.
- 4 year college degree in Agricultural studies or related field; or, some college plus at least 4 years of production ag experience; or, high school diploma and more than 10 years of experience farming
- Must be able to work well with various personality types
- Must be able to communicate well with others, including non-native English speakers
- First aid/CPR training or certificate
- Possession of Qualified Applicators License
- Must possess Valid driver’s license and be insurable with Company’s commercial insurance carrier.
- Requires working outdoors, in all weather conditions
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, plus occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- View and type on computer screens for long periods.
Hancock Farmland Services and Farmland Management Services are subsidiaries of Hancock Agricultural Investment Group, a division of Hancock Natural Resource Group. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, a team oriented work environment and growth opportunities for its employees.
Hancock Natural Resource Group is committed to being an equal opportunity employer; and employs, trains, promotes and compensates individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability without regard to race, color, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran or marital status.Qualifications