Hancock Farmland Services, Inc. (HFS) is a farmland property management business with offices in Turlock, California and Savoy, Illinois. Its subsidiary, Farmland Management Services (FMS) is a direct operator of farms in California and Wisconsin. Together, HFS and FMS provide farm management services for Hancock Agricultural Investment Group (HAIG) as part of HAIG’s integrated farmland investment management platform for institutional investors. HAIG is a division of Hancock Natural Resource Group, Inc. (HNRG), and HFS and FMS are HNRG subsidiaries.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for implementing, supervising, and conducting farming operations in a manner minimizes expenses and maximizing yields. Fully capable of training other ranch foreman and laborers in Company policies, procedures, etc.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist Ranch Manager in formulating efficient operating plans per property.
- Perform within the total budget framework adjusting for special unforeseen, uncontrollable conditions that cause variances from "normal" budgeted figures.
- Implementation and execution of effective, efficient, orderly, and timely farming operations.
- Promptly respond to special circumstances or conditions during the growing season such as weather, pest, diseases, or other extraordinary events.
- Take responsibility for training FMS foremen in all aspects of the crop protectant materials used in the industry in order to ensure safe, appropriate, and optimal use on the farms.
- Achieve yields comparable or better than the best farmers in the area, with similar property.
- Professional interactions with contractors, labor, vendors, equipment, and processors, in a strong, fair manner.
- Assist other employees in performing their duties efficiently and effectively.
- Promptly report problems or successes, and any other reports required by Ranch Manager.
- Follow procurement procedures for the informal bidding process, and train FMS foremen in proper procedures.
- Enforce company safety policies.
- Ensure company policies are followed, and all employees are properly trained.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires working outdoors, in all weather conditions
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, plus occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- View and type on computer screens for long periods.
Hancock Farmland Services and Farmland Management Services are subsidiaries of Hancock Agricultural Investment Group, a division of Hancock Natural Resource Group. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, a team oriented work environment and growth opportunities for its employees.
Hancock Natural Resource Group is committed to being an equal opportunity employer; and employs, trains, promotes and compensates individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability without regard to race, color, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran or marital status.Qualifications