Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This is an era of rapid changes for the corporation worldwide. To remain competitive, not just locally but globally, Manulife is required to continuously explore new products, new customer groups, new distribution channels, new agent or partnership etc. Creative and innovation solutions with speed to market are the focus of the majority of initiatives in Manulife today. Given the rapid changes, it is important that Audit Service becomes a partner with the change initiators and executors, remains flexible and is able to demonstrate value in engaging in the change initiatives.
While remaining totally independent, the Audit Services function provides added value by working with management at all levels to improve the management of various forms of risk. The function provides a service to senior management and the board of directors by providing reports which assist them in discharging their responsibilities for overseeing the management of risk in Manulife.
The Manager, Project Risk Audit is accountable for planning, managing and executing complex project audits (system development and business projects), identifying enhancements to the project risk audit methodology to incorporate Manulife’s and industry standards and best practices, and the delivery of high quality, professional, effective, value-added and risk-based audit services. Specific areas of work will primarily include system development and business project audits as well as operational audits of project management offices.
- Plan, manage and execute project audits in accordance with department methodology and standards.
- Perform risk assessments and ensure that audit scope covers all significant risks. Ensure that audit programs and audit testing is comprehensive at addressing the significant risks.
- Work in partnership with the project management team to anticipate risks (business, technology and project management) and help to identify appropriate management practices to address these risks.
- Work in partnership with IS and business operations team in the project to identify technical and security risks introduced by the new / changed solution/infrastructure, and cost-effective risk management practices required to mitigate these risks.
- Assist business unit or IT management by providing risk management consulting support and risk management education and training.
- Manage audit projects within time and budget, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to appropriate Audit management.
- Supervise audit staff assisting on project and review completed files to ensure quality of work completed.
- Prepare audit reports, including executive summary and rating of adequacy of risk management, making practical and value-added recommendations to improve risk management practices and the efficiency and effectiveness of operations; audits reports are to be clear, concise and well-organized, and issued within departmental service standards and according to departmental quality standards.
- Present findings and recommendations to business unit management; resolve contentious issues and reach agreement on appropriate solutions to risk management and operational efficiency issues.
- Provide feedback to staff assisting on assignments and contribute to their development and performance appraisals.
- Excellent knowledge of audit, project management and system development methodologies, control frameworks and risk management practices, and regulatory requirements, as well as fundamentals of information security management and practices.
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate issues and recommendations orally and in writing, and to listen and consider ideas of others.
- Excellent sound judgment and common sense.
- Excellent customer focus and commitment to quality.
- Ability to develop and carry out plans to deliver quality results on time and within budget.
- Ability to quickly understand business, systems and project management processes and their risk implications, analyze complex situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations.
- Results oriented; ability to balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Prioritize work so resources are devoted to area of highest risk.
- Proven relationship skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels to Vice President.
- Leadership skills in achieving departmental, project and individual objectives, and in developing staff.
- Working knowledge of life insurance operations and company policies is an asset.
- University degree plus a recognized project management (PMP) or auditing (CIA, CISA) or security (CISSP) designation with 3 years internal or external IT audit experience.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.