Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife Real Estate™ is the global real estate arm of Manulife Financial Corporation with fully integrated in-house capabilities and 70 years of experience as an active investor, owner, developer and asset manager of commercial real estate. Diversified by both geography and asset type, the portfolio consists primarily of prime office and industrial properties, as well as select retail and multi-family residential properties, in key metropolitan centers throughout Canada, Asia and in the United States, through Manulife’s U.S. division, John Hancock. In addition to equity real estate, Manulife Real Estate manages the space requirements and own use facilities for Manulife’s operations around the world. In 2011, Manulife Real Estate launched a new real estate fund platform, extending the benefit of its long established real estate asset management expertise to institutional investors. As at March 31, 2014, the Manulife Real Estate managed portfolio totaled more than 38 million square feet with a market value of C$11 billion (US$9.9 billion). Additional information about Manulife Real Estate can be found at manuliferealestate.com.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer and/or Property Director / Manager, the Building Operator will be responsible for the safe efficient operation of building HVAC, electrical, Life Safety and all auxiliary equipment. As a focal representative of Manulife Financial, the incumbent is expected to conduct himself or herself appropriately at all times and is to present an acceptable appearance while on site performing the duties of the position. All assigned duties and responsibilities are to be performed and completed with a minimum of supervision as per agreed deadlines or established schedules. A high level of communication with his or her supervisor is to be maintained to ensure that the supervisor is kept informed of all situations that are liable to impact upon the operation of the property. The incumbent is also required to maintain a high level of communication with the tenants of the building to ensure that their requests and concerns are effectively and efficiently dealt with.
- Ability to operate and maintain the central plant and localized heating, cooling and ventilating equipment, ensuring efficient and safe operation of all HVAC related equipment throughout the individual buildings.
- Experience in the operation of Fire and Life Safety systems in a typical commercial building.
- Respond to tenant service work orders as quickly and efficiently as possible, in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform required preventative maintenance tasks of equipment to ensure building systems are maintained at optimum efficiency. Assist in the establishment of required preventive maintenance tasks.
- Perform water treatment testing and analysis, adjust and modify the chemical feed to ensure proper levels are being maintained.
- Complete custodial housekeeping tasks in the mechanical/electrical areas; or as required.
- Typical building hours of operation are 7:00am to 6:00pm. Monday to Friday. Building Operator shift will be during these hours; standard eight hour shift, to be determined with the Property Director / Manager.
- Building Operator will be required to assume on-call responsibilities for multiple properties, to respond to after-hours calls and return to building if required for any emergencies. Schedule for on-call duties to be confirmed with Property Director / Manager.
- Perform regular interaction and supervision of outside trades to ensure the completion of contracted repairs and services.
- Take part in cross-training between different properties within the Portfolio of the Ottawa Real Estate office.
- Act as relief for other similar positions at other job sites due to staff absences, shortages, as may be required.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned from time-to-time.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in building repairs/operations.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a Building Environmental Systems Operator Certificate Class 1 & 2. Trade certifications and/or other equivalencies considered.
- Experienced with computerized building management and control systems.
- Basic interpersonal skills demonstrating professionalism and commitment to service excellence.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to comprehend an issue, resolve it and complete logs.
- Ability to respond to unexpected emergency callbacks if problems occur.
- Able to perform the requirements of the job with minimal supervision and complete the assigned tasks per agreed deadlines.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Property & Resources Mgmt