Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Does change excite you? Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we build software? We are changing the way we unlock value through technology and we want you to be part of it!
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers and developers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are seeking self-motivated engineers, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, and excited to learn new tools and technologies and provide mentorship to teams trying to embark on the enablement journey
As the Director, Engineering Enablement, you will:
- Engage, enable, and grow the global software developer community inside and outside of the firm through online and offline programs
- Collaborate with software developers, platform engineers, platform and site reliability engineers, product managers, and engineering leadership to uncover pain points and opportunities to accelerate the delivery of new value through software
- Guide the architecture and technical implementation of services across product, project, complex systems, enabling a differentiated experience for the target customers
- Enable agile delivery through the training of engineering practices and approaches, in partnership with other similar efforts taking place in the company
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Developing junior engineers and a passion for growing staff within the organization
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
Last year Manulife / John Hancock spent over $1 billion on technology. You will be working with:
- Cloud Foundry and other components supporting a highly-automated global engineering platform
- Open source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!
Want to learn more? Apply today, we are eager to speak with you!
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V