The Associate Director, Financial Institutions and Advisory Solutions is responsible for internal sales and support of mutual funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), UCITS, and separately managed accounts that are sold through all professional buyer channels, including institutional, RIA, Global Financial Institutions and DCIO/Retirement channels.
- New Lead Development - actively prospect for new business opportunities and develop new relationships with key contacts through calls, emails, and virtual/web-based meetings.
- Team Sales Approach - support Managing Director counterpart in territory sales efforts including: identifying best leads for introduction, scheduling, meeting follow-up, maintaining opportunity pipeline, and creating specific product proposals.
- Sales Development – drive new pipeline opportunities and appropriately work through the new sales process.
- Asset Retention - maintain and increase the existing asset base through active participation in sales and relationship management.
- Client Relations - provide superior service to existing clients through product/firm updates and value add initiatives, while identifying potential cross-sale opportunities.
- Client Presentations – deliver John Hancock firm overview and product-specific presentations.
- Collaboration - contribute to ad hoc team operational, sales, marketing projects as needed.
- Maintain active knowledge of John Hancock Investments product suite.
- Maintain active knowledge of capital market trends.
- Travel as needed, attending industry conferences and key relationship meetings & events
- College Degree Preferred (BA/BS)
- 1-3 years of industry experience
- 1+ years working in a sales capacity
- Required or preferred licenses: FINRA Series 7 & 63, 65 or 66 licenses
- Track for obtaining CIMA, CFA, MBA and/or advanced degree a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Communication skills (i.e., Strong verbal and written skills, ability to present to complex products.)
- An embrace of ownership
- Independent drive
- Positive Attitude
- Experience with the specified buyer marketplace
- Prospecting Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Mutual Fund, UCITS, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), and Separately Managed Accounts (SMA) Product Knowledge
- Time and territory management