Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife's commercial mortgage portfolio is comprised of assets domiciled in both the US and Canada and have both internal and external investors. Mortgage Operations is responsible for management of these assets for the duration of the life cycle. We have direct interactions with the clients and/or their agents as well as both internal and external stakeholders. Some of the functions that the Mortgage Operations group encompasses include: payment processing, new loan fundings, repayments, realty tax monitoring, property insurance monitoring, escrow and reserve management, as well as supporting projects & new initiatives. The risk associated with the size and complex nature of our mortgage portfolio demands a high degree of precision and efficiency on the servicing functions of this group. The Mortgage Operations group is focused on being a high performing team through continuous improvement and delivery of value to our clients.
The Senior Mortgage Administrator will be responsible for various administrative functions within the Mortgage Operations which include:
- Provide timely and effective servicing of commercial mortgages including new loans setup on the system, loan funding, and any modifications to the existing loans.
- Oversee the arrears collection process and handle the servicing of the loan accounts in default.
- Perform complex calculations and prepayment premiums including accrual for loans.
- Ensure loans are properly insured against applicable perils.
- Arrange payment and/or follow-up of all property taxes and insurance premiums, as well as Reserve Accounts.
- Investigate and resolve complex mortgage administration issues.
- Responsible for various servicing control reporting.
- Participate in projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Post-secondary education with industry certification is preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years’ experience in commercial mortgage servicing with a strong focus in asset services.
- Commitment to achieving high levels of service excellence.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal direction, within a team.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Assuming responsibility and taking ownership until resolution.
- Knowledge of our business policies, procedures and concepts.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams and peers.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit manulife.com or johnhancock.com.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
About Manulife Investments
Manulife Investments, a division of Manulife Asset Management Limited, builds on 125 years of Manulife's wealth and investment management expertise in managing assets for Canadian investors. As one of Canada's leading integrated financial services providers, Manulife Investments offers a variety of products and services including segregated fund contracts, mutual funds, annuities and guaranteed interest contracts.