Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
John Hancock Investments, a division of Manulife Financial, is a premier provider of asset management and investment strategies. John Hancock has been helping individuals and institutions build and protect wealth for 150 years. At a time when trust and confidence are at a great premium, we are proud to offer a full range of investment strategies that carry one of America's strongest and most recognized corporate brands.
John Hancock Investments is looking for an External Wholesaler to engage new and existing clients in order to drive sales across the entire suite of JHI products. This position is primarily responsible for coverage of Wirehouse channel advisors in the Long Island, NY market.
- Distribution of Mutual Funds, ETFs, 529 plans, UCITS and DCIO offerings.
- Maintain client relationships by providing timely information on products, market intelligence, practice management advice and above all, exceptional client service.
- Conduct a robust schedule of client facing activities through group and one-on-one meetings, phone calls, emails and virtual meetings.
- Produce new business through prospecting.
- Represent John Hancock Investments at broker/dealer events including national and regional conferences, seminars, and sales and training meetings.
- Develop strong relationships with internal business partners, including your Internal Wholesaler, Business Development Consultant and Divisional Manager.
- Manage a territory by properly leveraging resources provided. This includes, but is not limited to the use of product specialists, portfolio consultants and prudent allocation of a travel & entertainment budget.
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of Investment Management wholesaling experience required
- Series 6 or 7, 65 or 66 and 63 required upon hire
- CFA or CIMA designation preferred
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must have effective time management and organizational skills
- It is preferred that candidates already be established in the local market
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) as of December 31, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
About John Hancock Investments
John Hancock has helped individuals and institutions build and protect wealth since 1862. Today, we are one of America’s strongest and most-recognized brands. As a manager of managers, we search the world to find proven portfolio teams with specialized expertise for every fund we offer, then apply vigorous investment oversight to ensure they continue to meet our uncompromising standards. Our unique approach to asset management has led to a diverse set of investments deeply rooted in investor needs, along with strong risk-adjusted returns across asset classes.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V