"Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations."
- Responsible to assist audit management in execution of audit plan (including assurance, consulting, Sox and other regular and ad-hoc projects) of Manulife Japan and its group companies.
- Plan and execute audit projects in accordance with the audit methodology and departmental standards to accomplish yearly audit plan.
- Manage/Assist in projects within time budgets and target dates, and escalate any timing problems or budget overrun.
- Understand the business processes and controls of auditees using specified templates of audit services.
- Identify risks, controls and issues, develop test procedures, and assess effectiveness of controls and degree of issues.
- Present findings and recommendations to business unit management; reach agreement on appropriate solutions to risk management and operational efficiency issues.
- Prepare audit reports, making practical and value-added recommendations to improve risk management practices and the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Actively participates in departmental initiatives.
- Identify business related risks through offsite monitoring activities and reflect the information when drafting the annual audit plan
- 5 years or more of relevant experience.
- Work experience in financial institutions, especially in life, asset management or wealth management industry, is a plus.
Skills & Competencies:
- Self-motivated and committed to quality with a fair, prudent, independent mind and integrity.
- Good knowledge of audit methodologies, control frameworks and risk management techniques
- Results oriented; able to strike work balance on multiple priorities and projects
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in both English and Japanese languages. TOEIC 800.
- Inter-personal skill and project management skill to manage audit and other projects for self and other team members.
- Good at problem analysis and decision making
- Strong team-player who willingly and openly shares ideas and knowledge and vice versa.
- Professional Designation (CPA, CIA etc) or recognized degrees in Business fields (Accounting, Finance etc) is preferred.
We will consider based on experience and ability in accordance with Work Rules.
Commutation allowance is paid based on our Work Rules.
Variable Incentive Bonus is paid once in a year (depend on individual/corporate performance)
Standard Working Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm (Full-Flextime system available)
Social Insurance (Health Insurance, Employees' Pension, Unemployment Insurance, Worker's Accident Insurance), Benefit One, Training system (include Japanese lesson / English lesson), Childcare Leave/Family care Leave, Baby-sitter support program, wiwiw System (Support program for those who take Childcare Leave), Retirement Pension (only for Regular employee).
Saturdays and Sundays
Year-end and new year holidays (December 30, December 31, January 2 and January 3)
Annual Paid Holiday
For Regular employee, other special holidays are available (e.g. Anniversary Leave, etc.)
Shinjuku Head Office, Tokyo Opera city, 3-20-2 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo Japan
About Manulife Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife and its subsidiaries were approximately C$ 888 billion (US$663 billion) as at September 30, 2015. Our group of companies operates as Manulife in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.