- This role is responsible for providing timely and accurate reconciliation of suspense and non-suspense accounts assigned. The role will be responsible for providing reconciliation results with commentaries reflecting the review and investigation completed for each account being managed, highlight outstanding items that needs resolution ensuring accounts are consistently maintained in good standing.
- Monthly reconciliation reports preparation for different accounts related to Business Unit
- Provides sufficient reconciliation analysis on GL balances versus running reports and/or different reports from different departments within Manulife.
- Ensuring that right practices and agreed upon procedures are established and being followed, such as separation of duties and monitored aging of outstanding balances)
- Identify possible adjustments needed as a result of analysis and reconciliation of the accounts
- Special projects will arise from time to time that will require strong financial knowledge, strong analytical and organizational skills with an innovative mindset. The role will be responsible for handling projects that will allow efficiency savings for both onshore and offshore teams.
- The role is responsible for participating in team cross training and maintaining of process documents to ensure continuity of service and ensuring current knowledge of the industry, regulatory and business developments affecting accounting and reporting functions are maintained to ensure proper application to areas of responsibility.
- University Business Degree and/or recognized accounting designation; CPA preferred.
- 2+ years of progressive responsibility within accounting/finance
- Strong technical accounting skills with a solid understanding of the business environment and Divisional financial reporting structure
- Intermediate Excel skills and experience with database applications
- Advanced Knowledge of IFS Applications (Lawson, Essbase, Webfocus)
- Experience using administration systems (Manuconnect, Mainframe, FASAT, Smart Office etc)
- Strong attention to details, excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills required to interact with senior officers and representatives from other Divisions and functional departments
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to be flexible to changing environments
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with other teams for a project with huge scale benefits
- Accounting entries left to age until they go beyond clearing standard might have impact to Manulife’s or clients’ money.
- Misstatement in Investment Division Financial Statements as a result of incorrect subsidiary accounting entries can lead to incorrect management decisions or potential tax or compliance issue.
- The Financial Analyst role serves as control that ensures that all accounting entries that go into the general ledger accounts and systems will eventually go out before they reach beyond clearing standard.
- This will ensure that there’s no error s existing that can impact Manulife’s or Client’s money.
- The applicant must be willing to work at night during the transition period.
- The applicant must be willing to work in Diliman, Quezon City