Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife’s Retail Markets business unit is a leading provider of investment and insurance solutions that meet the diverse financial needs of Canadian families. In collaboration with independent financial advisors across the country, we offer a suite of innovative wealth and protection solutions, including: segregated funds, mutual funds, annuities, guaranteed interest contracts, individual life insurance and one of the most comprehensive living benefit portfolios in the industry which includes critical illness, long-term care and disability products. Are you looking to join a team that is recognized for innovation, excellence and industry-leading service?
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Individual Insurance Sales, the Regional Director will be accountable for providing case consultation, sales, product and marketing support to select advisors and intermediaries in the territory in order to drive sales of living benefits insurance.
The incumbent is also responsible for partnering with other wholesalers and insurance product and marketing contacts to develop and grow the business in their respective regions.
- Proactively identify opportunities and activities to generate profitable business growth.
- Develop and execute an annual business development plan.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies designed to provide “best of class” marketing support and new sales ideas and concepts to Advisors.
- Manage relationships with key advisors and intermediaries - including but not limited to proactive contact by providing product training, case consultation, joint field work, sales proposal design and point of sale assistance as required.
- Develop effective and professional working relationships with other Manulife field partners.
- Maintain agreed upon levels of face to face contact with the advisors in the region and record daily activities using the current contact management system.
- Conduct sales meetings & seminars with advisors and intermediaries to train them on Manulife products, service offerings and approved sales concepts, as well as assist them in developing sales opportunities with their client base.
- Develop and maintain the highest level of professional relationships with advisors and all other insurance partners and Head Office partners.
- Be a contact in providing assistance in the resolution of problem situations that may arise with the intermediaries and individuals within the region.
- Develop and share ongoing best practices, sales, marketing and business development ideas and strategies with peers and advisors.
- Represent and promote Manulife in the local financial community by developing strong business relationships with advisors and industry associations.
- Perform front line business risk management function through awareness, support and implementation of compliance and company policies with advisors, including supervision of sales related activities.
- Previous industry sales experience
- University Degree or equivalent industry education
- Knowledge and expertise in personal and corporate taxation and financial planning
- Attained or working on relevant professional designations (CLU, CFP, and CH.F.C.)
- Knowledge of regulatory issues impacting the sale of life insurance
- In-depth knowledge of the sales process
- Expert knowledge of Manulife individual insurance products and systems
- Strong knowledge of marketing concept and product applications
- Basic understanding of regulatory / legal environment and issues
- Strong knowledge of competitive positioning
- Business planning skills
- Consulting and active listening skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and strong self-management skills.
- Ability to develop, organize and deliver proposals, business cases, and estate analysis
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- High level of inter-personal and relationship building skills.
- Diplomacy and conflict management skills
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.