Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Agile Centre of Excellence leads the Agile transformation for Manulife’s Canadian Division. The Agile Coach will enable this transformation and support business teams as they learn and adopt Agile practices. This will include supporting them through coaching, mentoring, facilitating and teaching. The Agile Coach will use his/her experience to help new agile teams launch and to enable them within a complex enterprise environment.
As an Agile Coach you are a part of the leadership team in the Agile Centre of Excellence taking responsibility for:
- Providing leadership in creating an environment for finding new and better ways for teams to work
- Leading business teams and their partners as they learn and adopt Agile practices by supporting them through teaching, facilitating and coaching. This includes business executives, product owners, project managers, cross-functional teams.
- Observing and guiding agile teams through all phases of the Agile lifecycle. Attending key ceremonies, reviewing artifacts and interviewing practitioners to check practices against Manulife’s agile framework. Identifying potential steps to accelerate and reach the next maturity level.
- Enabling learning at all levels and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement. Developing scrum masters to enhance their effectiveness and capabilities. Sharing best practices and insights across the division.
- Ensure success of the agile transformation by building relationships with the business and delivery teams, in order to educate and champion agile across the Division.
- Continue to grow as an agile coach through continually improving your own skills and approaches.
- Participating in the global agile community at Manulife, raising visibility for agile, and collaborating proactively with colleagues globally to ensure the Division can leverage agile capabilities and partnerships.
- Primary – Waterloo, however we are open to Toronto with travel to Waterloo. If the candidate is based out of Toronto 25% travel is required to Waterloo.
- Strong knowledge of Agile rules and practices, with extensive experience working in an agile organization
- 2+ years experience in an agile environment, either as an agile coach or as a product owner
- Experience in large-scale agile transformations
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with the values and principles of agile and lean
- Demonstrated experience working with executives in enterprise settings, ability to convey expertise & passion to senior audiences
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a mission to support agile teams in achieving their goal. Competency in agile coaching skills
- Collaborative approach; ability to work through others and influence change; team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently; strong organizational skills; ability to plan forward and manage deadlines. Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean practices such as Scrum, Kanban, User Stories, Story Mapping, TDD, ATDD, Etc. Certifications are beneficial, although not required
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and deep pride in quality craftsmanship
- Exceptional communications, judgment and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. Highly effective influence skills.
- Familiarity with Agile tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) is an asset
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.