- Work closely with global counterparties to identify solutions and alternatives to business and application problems, outlining their relative merits, cost, compatibility, etc., to ensure clients make informed decisions
- Establish relationships with work area leaders in order to determine optimal solutions for complex business needs.
- Ensure stakeholders have a common understanding of project deliverables and parameters (e.g. Time, cost, quality and benefits).
- Maintain external vendor relationships to keep abreast of changing practices in the financial sector and ability to bring together research of options available to assist business partners in making informed decisions regarding specific business needs.
- Proactively identify issues, modifying plans as business conditions change, assessing courses of action and developing recommendations
- Able to communication and escalate project risks and issues to project team and stakeholders
- Ensure that all processes and applications continue to meet the mandated regulatory and compliance requirement.
- Development of test strategies, test plans, test cases and expected results in consultation with clients to ensure that initiatives being implemented meet expected deliverables.
- Maintaining focus as priorities change, keeping business needs and importance in perspective as it relates to overall strategic goals and communicating these changes to business lines in an understandable, justified and acceptable means
- 3+ years of hands on experience with Application Management functions and Business Analysis experience.
- University degree in Financial or Technology related discipline
- Proven capability in initiating, motivating and managing change effectively, independently as well as part of a team in an international setting.
- Key Business Functions experiences include application design, development and support of Front Office (MPF business, asset allocation) and/or Back Office (trade feeds and integration, accounting systems)
- Key Applications experiences would include: investment management system (Charles River, Bloomberg AIM) and investment accounting system (e.g. SimCorp Dimension, Portia, Eagle Star, HiPort, SS&C Pacer, Maximus and Lawson Financial Applications)
- Knowledge and project experience with third party administrators (Fund Accountment, Transfer Agency and custodian) is an advantage.
- Knowledge and project experience with other Asian local back office application is an advantage.
- Experience on Bloomberg AIM or SimCorp Dimension is an advantage
- Highly developed presentation and communication skills
- Large scale global project experience in Asia/ Asia Pacific is a definite advantage
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Able to work under pressure, with multiple prioritized tasks.
- Able to flag risks and escalate issues.
- Ability to travel and work in teams and independently across an international setting.