Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Quality Assurance Services (QAS) is a shared service that provides quality and testing services for systems and applications across all Canadian Division business units operating in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
As a QA Test Automation Developer you contribute to building and supporting test automation frameworks and strategies with a Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing first approach through tool integrations such as Jenkins, Docker and other Open source tools. You will contribute to the creation of automation scripts and support your peers through code reviews, collaboration sessions and investigation of new technologies and methods. You thrive on learning about what’s on the horizon and seeing if/how it can be apply to the challenges we need to solve.
- Architect and build out scalable cost-effective automation frameworks/tools in support of automation script development across multiple technologies.
- Collaborate with Developers, Testers, peer Test Developers and Continuous Integration Leads to build the automated tests and configure them to execute in a deployment platform using tools such as Selenium with Java and Maven packages, Robot, HP UFT, various web service test tools, Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab, Docker, etc.
- Provide coaching and training to increase technical testing capability across the team as it relates to automation and DevOps.
- Identification and creation of reusable test data, particularly for automated testing
- Write and/or modify SQL queries to perform database validations
- Communicate status of automation and DevOps activities including contributing to the enhancements of future reports and KPI’s
- Operational Efficiency, Service Quality and Service Velocity of DevOps
- Communicate test results and highlight any potential quality risks
- Troubleshoot complex automation script and framework issues across such tools as Selenium, UFT and Robot
- Provide ideas on efficient code functions (preferably reusable) automation frameworks in use
- Create and maintain a reusable set of automated tests: Unit, Integrated, Performance, and functional tests with QA and business experts.
- 4+ years of experience in testing software and maintaining test automation
- Excellent programming skills in Java and Python
- Experience with source control management with Git, SVN or equivalent
- Testing UI expertise with frameworks such as Selenium Webdriver. Grid knowledge preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Robot framework
- Experience testing web services with SoupUI, Postman or equivalent
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Docker, Chef or equivalent
- Proven ability to write automated test scripts to verify data structures, data formats and data values
- Experience within a Banking and/or Financial Company and/or Financial systems is an asset.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage priorities, stay organized. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management, supervisor peers, and end users. Audiences will include technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to create automation scripts for non-web platforms such as – ActiveX and VB.
- Knowledge of QA tools, methodology and process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and Experience with DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment is an asset.
- Have hands-on experience with cloud based technologies
- Experience building automated test scripts in parallel of development efforts in an Agile environment is an asset.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.