- With the support of the AVP, Operational Risk Officer, scope out the most efficient and practical way to implement the Operational Risk Management Program throughout the Asia division (“the Division”) with particular focus on leveraging existing people, processes and systems and ensuring processes are sustainable once implemented.
- Influence and gain buy-in from the Senior Leadership team of the various businesses by communicating program requirements and value proposition to gain the support needed to implement the program across the Division.
- Train Business Unit resources to implement the operational risk management program within their Business Unit, including conducting Risk Control Self Assessments, collecting Loss Data, tracking Key Risk Indicators, and preparing Risk Dashboards/Reports. The incumbent will need to spend significant time working directly with Business Unit staff on details of the implementation as necessary.
- Working closely with the country Chief Risk Officers, play a leadership and advisory role to help the Business Units assess the best way to implement the operational risk management program. Particular focus must be on understanding their existing risk and compliance processes to understand how best to adapt them to meet ORM program requirements without duplicating effort.
- Review and challenge risk information provided along with the associated mitigation actions.
- Ensure key operational risk exposures are reported and escalated to management, divisional risk management and that mitigating actions are identified and taken as appropriate.
- Assist the AVP, Operational Risk in sharing of key information, including risk exposures, loss data and risk management/control best practices across the Division (including with other divisional risk/compliance/control officers) and liase with other Divisions to incorporate any learnings.
- Transition from program implementation to risk oversight focus as program is implemented.
- Risk management, audit, operations, compliance or technology background with 10+ years of experience in matters of increasing complexity.
- Highly developed business acumen, and pragmatic approach to solving problems and implementing solutions.
- In depth understanding of operational procedures at financial institution (preferably insurance).
- Solid experience in designing, implementing, and validating the effectiveness of operational controls.
- Solid working knowledge of enterprise and operational risk management frameworks and processes.
- Proven leadership skills, along with strong program and project management capabilities and experience.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable in providing presentations and conducting facilitation sessions.
- Highly effective influencing skills.
- Strong relationship building skills to build effective working relationships with Business Units and Corporate.
- Creative problem solving and the ability to motivate others to implement new solutions.