- Respond within department service standards to all telephone calls from clients and advisors by providing account information regarding a broad range of subject areas such as product, procedures, tax, and transactions.
- Utilize all reference materials and deliver consistent information to our customers.
- Deliver trusted, professional, and reliable service to John Hancock Policy Holders and Advisors.
- Meet quality expectations to ensure a positive client experience.
- Meet productivity expectations to maximize team service levels.
- Provide effective and timely resolution of a range of customer inquiries.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative tone at all times with both customers and coworkers.
- Focus on taking ownership of each call and striving for first call resolution.
- Complete ongoing training to stay abreast of product, industry service and policy changes.
- Process transactions over the phone and take instructions for follow-up which include but not limited to address changes, form requests, benefit summaries, and billing inquiries.
- Determine requirements needed in order for client and advisor request to be processed.
- Coordinate with other departments to determine best approach for resolving service or operation issues. Utilize support staff and follow escalation procedures as needed to ensure quality service.
- Resolve or negotiate “win-win” solutions to client issues directly or by consulting with appropriate resources such as Team Leaders, peers, or other business units.
- Document, track and report significant client/advisor discussions or complaints.
- Perform all follow-up customer calls in a timely manner when necessary.
- Assist clients and advisors with website inquiries. Promote self-service where applicable.
- Computer Literate
- International Business and Multicultural Skills
- Product and Service Advice and Support
- Product Knowledge
- Ability to use Avaya telephony system including logging in, performing conference call, transfer calls, selecting the proper aux codes.
- Proficiency in relevant system (computer) applications and tools including CSWB, MCCAMISH, PALLM, Vision, Sharepoint, Lotus Notes and Citrix.
- Successful completion of the three-week New Employee Training Program (NETP).
- Knowledge of the Life Insurance product lines and services.
- Knowledge of JH Life Insurance Customer Service principles and practices
- Ability to follow the escalation procedures
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Leverages available tools and resources in researching required account owner/policyholder.
- Ability to perform/process requests with minimal errors.