Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Citrix/Solutions Delivery Engineer will be responsible XenApp/XenDesktop user and application hosting duties. The candidate must have functional knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop in a medium to large sized enterprise environment. The candidate must have a solid understanding of VMware platform and connections including multiple devices such as laptops and thin clients. The candidate must have working knowledge of DNS, DHCP and other TCP/IP protocols.
The candidate will also have responsibility on application deployment methodologies and Windows Desktop OS functions. The candidate should have strong knowledge supporting Desktops/Laptops/VDI in a medium to large sized enterprise environment.
- Citrix deployment and Infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting, design, and implementation experience.
- Utilize Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop to support the business’ needs
- Install applications on XenApp servers and test functionality
- Add users to Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop resources * Quickly and professionally respond to 3rd level technical support requests as needed, that come in via phone, e-mail and ticketing system
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems
- Document, track and monitor progress on issues to ensure timely resolution on current tickets and to reduce/eliminate future incidents
- Provide detailed documentation of all implementations, changes, and solutions resulting from Citrix support activities, and be committed to continual improvement of the Citrix environment
- Provide technical assistance to Support Specialists and Service Desk personnel including documentation, requirements, design, development, and testing
- Investigate and propose new technologies and techniques for both hardware and software to improve customer efficiency, security and productivity – Citrix and in general with regards to Windows Desktop
- Work with project managers on projects with a focus on technical design, timing and benefits
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all facets of end-user computing in support of a comprehensive Virtual strategy
- Monitor policies and standards for the allocation of computing resources used in the Citrix environment * Participate in 24/7 support and on-call rotation
- College degree in the field of computer science, engineering or information systems or relevant work experience. 4 years of experience Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop.
- 4 years of experience with engineering and administration of remote access gateways covering Citrix and Cisco product lines.
- 4+ years of experience and Citrix XenApp/VDI and Windows Desktop.
- Thorough knowledge of remote access solutions covering IPSec, SSL VPNs and associated data security designs.
- Strong Technical knowledge of Windows 7&10, Microsoft SCCM, App-V, MS Office, Active Directory & GPOs, and Citrix administration console and Citrix Access Gateway/Netscaler
- Must have strong technical leadership, documentation, and project management experience* Knowledge and experience with storage technologies
- Experience implementing and supporting user virtualization management solutions, Appsense and RES preferred.
- Experience implementing and supporting application virtualization solutions, App-V preferred.
- Experience optimizing virtual desktop images, both persistent and non-persistent* Powershell scripting experience preferred
- Must have strong VMware, networking design / implementation, trouble-shooting, application integration, and desktop performance tuning skills.
- MS Office; intermediate to advanced skills in Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Working knowledge of application deployment process and functional network and firewall troubleshooting
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.